The 7th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF 2014) will be held on July 9-11, 2014 at the Shanghai Library. The conference is organized by the Shanghai Library & Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai, and co-organized by the Shanghai Society for Library Science and Shanghai Society for Scientific and Technical Information.
The theme of this forum is “Libraries in the Transition Era: New Space • New Services • New Experience”. The forum will allow people to share opinions and exchange ideas on hot issues, latest research findings, fresh concepts, advanced techniques and emerging trends related to the main theme, and will also invite famous experts and scholars to give keynote speeches and special reports. Library professionals, managers of library and information institutions and scholars in all fields are invited to submit papers to the forum.
I. The forum encourages dialogues on the following topics
- The role of and challenges to libraries in the context of digital humanities
- Library services and management in the Big Data era
- The orientation and development of physical libraries in the network society
- Diversified library services and core competitiveness
- Skill requirements and career vision of librarians in the Omni-media age
- Reading for All (digital reading promotion) and libraries
II. Paper Submission Guidelines
- Papers to be submitted must be the original work of the author(s), of scholarly value and are not published on any journals at home or abroad, or given as a speech at any conference or included in any proceedings.
- Authors agree that the SILF Organizing Committee can revise or edit their papers and publish the papers on the SILF website, unless the Organizing Committee is otherwise notified.
- Papers in both Chinese and English are accepted. The paper should be in Word format, and please consult the SILF website for further detail.
III. Publication of the Proceedings
All papers will be peer-reviewed by the Academic Committee of this SILF. Accepted papers will be formally published in the proceedings.
IV. Important Dates
- Deadline for the submission of abstracts: February 15th, 2014
- Deadline for the submission of full papers: April 20th, 2014
- Publication of the proceedings: Early July, 2014
V. Paper Submission and Contacts:
- Please submit your paper to the SILF Email address: email@example.com
Ms. JIN Jing (International Cooperation Division, Shanghai Library)
Ms. REN Xiapei (Library and Information Sciences Research Institute, Shanghai Library)
Tel: +86 21 6445 4500
Fax: +86 21 6445 5006
VI. SILF in the Past
The biennial Shanghai International Library Forum was held six times since the first forum held at the Shanghai Library in 2002. Experts and scholars in the library community, researchers and people in all fields at home and abroad met together at the forum, and the number of participants reached 200 every time. Each forum received over 100 papers from various countries and regions of the world. Past presidents of IFLA came to give their excellent speeches. The Shanghai International Library Forum has become a highly renowned international professional conference in the library and information field. It is dedicated to advancing the global information exchange and cooperation among library and information professionals, giving libraries a full play in the dissemination of scientific and cultural knowledge, the service of economic and social development, and the improvement of human civilization. Previous forum discussed such themes as knowledge navigation and library services, city development and library services, management innovation and library services, intelligence, innovation and library services, city life and library services, smart city and library services.