Library for All: Towards a Smarter and Inclusive Society
The 9th Shanghai International Library Forum Call for Papers
The 9th Shanghai International Library Forum (SILF2018) will be held on October 17-19, 2018 at the Shanghai Library. This forum is organized by the Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai) and co-organized by the Shanghai Society for Library Science and the Shanghai Society for Scientific & Technical Information.
The theme of the forum is "Library for All: Towards a Smarter and Inclusive Society". The conference will focus on hot issues and topics, the latest research achievements, innovative ideas, advanced technology and the latest developments related to the theme, and conduct in-depth and extensive academic discussions. Well-known experts and scholars will be invited to present keynote speeches and specific reports. To ensure the academic quality of this forum and attract more paper submissions, scholars of library and information science, managers of libraries and information agencies, and professionals from all fields at home and abroad are invited to submit papers and attend the conference.
I. Topics of the Conference
1. Smart age and smart libraries
2. The transformation and innovation of libraries in the age of “Internet+”
3. Library collection development and knowledge organization
4. “Library+” and universal reading promotion
5. Cross-border cooperation of libraries
6. Design ideas in the library
7. Digital humanities and library services
8. Library science education and disciplinary construction
II. Paper Submission Guidelines
1. The paper to be submitted must be the original work of the author(s), closely related to the theme of the conference and are not published on any journals at home or abroad, or given as a speech at any conference. The paper does not involve any classified information, there is no plagiarism, and the author takes sole responsibilities for his or her views.
2. The paper contains 5,000 words or less, including an abstract of 300 words or less in English or Chinese. Please indicate the topic of your paper.
3. The paper should be arranged in the following order: title, author’s organization and name, author’s mailing address and zip code, abstract, keywords, text (sections indicated with numbers, such as 1., 1.1, 1.1.1 ......) and references.
4. The paper should be in Word format and submitted in electronic form to the contact e-mail of the Conference Organizing Committee.
5. Authors agree that the SILF Organizing Committee can revise or edit their papers and publish the papers accepted on the SILF website in PDF format, unless the Organizing Committee is otherwise notified.
6. Deadline for the submission of abstracts: February 12, 2018
7. Deadline for the submission of full papers: March 31, 2018
All papers will be reviewed by the forum's Academic Committee. Accepted papers will be formally published in print in the conference proceedings. Selected excellent papers will also be recommended to such Chinese core journals as the Library Journal.
III. Conference date and venue:
Date: October 17-19, 2018
October 17, 2018: Registration
October 18, 2018: Opening ceremony, keynote speeches, plenary meeting reports
October 19, 2018: Sessions and closing ceremony
Venue: Shanghai Library (1555 HuaihaiZhong Road, Shanghai, China 200031)
Ms. Jean Jin (Overseas), Tel: 86-21-64454500 Shanghai Library International Office
Ms. ShuRui (Domestic), Tel: 86-21-64455309 Shanghai Library Research Office
Conference website: http: //www.libnet.sh.cn/silf2018
Shanghai Library (Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of Shanghai
Organizing Committee of the 9th Shanghai International Library Forum